From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Here we top lightly sweetened peaches and blackberries with sparkling wine for a refreshing summer dessert.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1 pint blackberries, or raspberries
- 1 1/3 cups chilled Asti Spumante, or other sparkling wine
- Combine honey and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Warm over low heat just until the honey melts. Remove from the heat and stir in lemon zest. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub the fuzz from peaches with a kitchen towel. Cut the peaches in half, remove the pits and dice the flesh. Combine the diced peaches, berries and honey syrup in a bowl and stir gently to combine. Spoon into 4 dessert dishes and chill until serving time.
- Just before serving, pour 1/3 cup sparkling wine into each dish.
Per serving: 171 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 5 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 248 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (38% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- July/August 1995