I made this as written and added in about 25% more vegetables than called for which worked out fine. I still had a good amount of sauce. I served mine over brown rice. Awesome recipe.
Creamy Pea & Chicken Stew
From EatingWell: January/February 2013
This cheesy, saucy one-pot pea and chicken stew reminds us of the filling in chicken potpie. While it tastes rich and comforting, it has plenty of peas and cauliflower, too, so you get lots of veggies. Serve this creamy healthy pea and chicken stew recipe with biscuits or over brown rice.
3 Reviews for Creamy Pea & Chicken Stew
I used fresh cauliflower- and the recommended cheese is perfect - next time I will add a little more salt/pepper and maybe some basil - put over rice - it was great.
Great recipe! It took a little longer than I thought (a little under an hour). Used defrosted frozen cauliflower and wish I had kept them frozen so they'd end up a little less cooked. Also replaced Jarlsberg for the Gruyere since the Gruyere was so expensive at the store! Had some trouble melting but still turned out great. Great Sunday night meal.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)