Serve this tart, parsley-dominated tabbouleh at your next backyard gathering.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, (about 2 bunches)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Combine water and bulgur in a small saucepan. Bring to a full boil, remove from heat, cover and let stand until the water is absorbed and the bulgur is tender, 25 minutes or according to package directions. If any water remains, drain bulgur in a fine-mesh sieve. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber and scallions to the bulgur. Add the dressing and toss. Serve at room temperature or chill for at least 1 hour to serve cold.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 165 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 6 g fiber; 175 mg sodium; 555 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (100% daily value), Vitamin A (70% dv), Folate (21% dv), Iron (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Middle Eastern
- Ease of Preparation