I made these and they taste good but they are very watery. I used fresh spinach and cottage cheese. Any tips on making them less watery?
Parmesan Spinach Cakes
From EatingWell: September/October 2008
If you like spinach-cheese pie, try these simple but elegant-looking little spinach cakes.
55 Reviews for Parmesan Spinach Cakes
I L-O-V-E these! I use frozen spinach so I can control the moisture better. I also add toasted, ground flax seed - and red pepper flakes. Simple and delicious!
I use well-drained frozen spinach and fat-free cottage cheese. Have made with 4 egg whites instead of the 2 whole eggs and it works just as well. I also add 1 tsp. dried dill weed for additional spice. I love this recipe! It's delicious and versatile; it goes with so many meals - a side for dinner, a perfect brunch food, or pair it with some fruit and vegetarian sausage and suddenly you've worked a serving of vegetables into breakfast!
These have been a favorite from the time my Sept/Oct 2008 magazine arrived. We enjoyed the Spinach version so much that with the arrival of Spring last year I started making them with winter greens which were equally well received! I have to make extra when I serve them at dinner parties for my friend to take home...along with the recipe.
Super easy, healthy, fast. Especially if you use frozen chopped spinach just thaw, train, and mix - no extra cleaning of a food processor or extra time chopping. Works great as finger food. Add some nutmeg to enhance the flavor of the spinach (and definitely some red pepper flakes). Great side dish, appetizer, or use to satisfy evening munchies.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)