I always have frozen spinach on hand, so I took 10 ounces of that and drained it very well, chopped it finely, then proceeded with the recipe. It seemed a little light on flavor so I used double the garlic and Parmesan Reggiano for a more robust flavor. Delicious!
Parmesan Spinach Cakes
From EatingWell: September/October 2008
If you like spinach-cheese pie, try these simple but elegant-looking little spinach cakes.
55 Reviews for Parmesan Spinach Cakes
I made the recipe with chopped, drained, frozen spinach and added a pinch of nutmeg and it was delicious! I have gotten great reviews from friends! Leftovers are a great breakfast food!
I'm using a very limited kitchen to make this so the recipe was different but still DELICIOUS!
I used grated organic sharp cheddar for the parm, and almond milk for the ricotta. I had no garlic so I used seasoning salt, sea salt & chives. I let them bake for 20 minutes, and didn't have a muffin pan so I used a regular brownie pan and just shaped them with my hands (which was messy and difficult, but worked).
I used a fork to test the consistency after 20 minutes and they were perfect! I just had one and they're so delicious. 5 stars because although I didn't follow the recipe verbatim, it's a stand-up dish that can taste wonderful with alterations :)
VERY tasty and easy to make! I used frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained/squeezed well, and I added a pinch of nutmeg. Also, when they were done, a pinch of shredded parm on top and browned them under the broiler.
Easy recipe and everyone liked it. I added extra pepper to spice it up.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)