Parmesan Potato Skin Chips
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Here, we toss the most nutritious part of potatoes, their skins, with olive oil, seasonings and Parmesan cheese and bake them to golden perfection.
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- With a paring knife, remove skin and about 1/8 inch of the flesh from potatoes in long 1- to 2-inch-wide strips. (Reserve peeled potatoes for another use.) Toss the potato skins with oil, paprika, salt and cayenne. Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until tender and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
Per serving: 196 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 4 g fiber; 202 mg sodium; 1010 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Potassium (29% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Super Bowl
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1999