Parmesan Potato Skin Chips
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Here, we toss the most nutritious part of potatoes, their skins, with olive oil, seasonings and Parmesan cheese and bake them to golden perfection.
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- With a paring knife, remove skin and about 1/8 inch of the flesh from potatoes in long 1- to 2-inch-wide strips. (Reserve peeled potatoes for another use.) Toss the potato skins with oil, paprika, salt and cayenne. Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until tender and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
Per serving: 196 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 4 g fiber; 202 mg sodium; 1010 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Potassium (29% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Super Bowl
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1999