These flavorful wafers, simply baked grated cheese, make a delightful accompaniment to soups or a sophisticated nibble to serve with drinks. As the only ingredient, the cheese matters here. Be sure to use imported Parmigiano-Reggiano (look for the name stenciled on the rind) and grate it yourself.
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, (2 1/4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a nonstick baking sheet. (Do not use cooking spray.)
- Mound level tablespoonfuls of cheese about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake until the cheese is melted, soft and a very light golden color, about 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and do not disturb until completely cooled and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes. Using a thin spatula or knife, lift the crackers from the baking sheet.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Per serving: 38 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 0 g fiber; 156 mg sodium; 0 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1/2 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)