Just make sure you cook this chicken through, total time is at least 2 hours.
Pan-Roasted Chicken & Gravy
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
A cast-iron skillet is the perfect vessel for a simple roast chicken. Almost every side dish, be it vegetables, legumes, pasta or rice, goes well with it.
19 Reviews for Pan-Roasted Chicken & Gravy
I made this Sunday afternoon for our evening meal. It turned out just like the picture! It was super moist and almost falling off the bone. I'm not big on touching raw meat but it wasn't so bad. My gravy NEVER turns out right (never seems to thicken) but it still tasted good. The boyfriend used very little ketchup on this one (he uses it on everything before tasting it.) Will make again
I usually butterfly a chicken and roast it on top of vegetables (onions, carrots, celery, parsnips, potatoes). It gets rave reviews, so I was wary of trying this recipe. But, how could I not try it with the amazing reviews it received? I must agree with everyone else, this was outstanding--tender, moist, and fabulous gravy. From now on, this is the standard roast chicken method in our home.
I am usually a silent reader/user but I created a log-in just so I could give this recipe a 5 star rating. The recipe was very easy to make and the chicken was delicious!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)