Too many lemons! My sauce turned out very bitter and I followed the exact instructions! Don't know how to set it right. Will try adding a little sugar and butter to remove the bitterness. Very disappointed. Too much wine too which made the sauce watery :(
Salsa Palermitana (Palermo-Style Sauce)
From EatingWell: November/December 2009
This wine-based sauce of cherry tomatoes, olives and capers gets a tangy punch from plenty of lemon. Serve over pasta or grilled or roasted fish. Have some warm, crusty bread on hand to soak up any extra sauce.
12 Reviews for Salsa Palermitana (Palermo-Style Sauce)
We made 1/2 batch, and halved all ingredients except we used only 1 cup wine, and 2 quarters of only one lemon. For the tomotoes, after quartering we mushed them a little in the strainer to squeeze out the seeds. We also rinsed the capers. We simmered the ingredients (except lemon) for about 20 minutes, then added the 2 lemon quarters for the last 10 minutes. We liked this recipe a lot with these modifications.
My sauce did look like the picture but it took me more than 25 minutes for it to reduce. Too much lemons and wine... A bit disappointed!
This sauce was fabulous! Since I only had enough cherry tomatoes to make a half batch, and based on others comments, I only used 1 cup wine and 1 lemon. After simmering, the sauce was a little bitter so I added 1/2 tsp. sugar. Perfect! We'll make this one again and again.
We loved this! It supper easy...a little bit lemoney, will probably cut back on the lemons next time, but very tasty. Planning on making it with Salmon this week.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)