Overnight Strawberry Vinegar
Toss fresh strawberries with this strawberry vinegar and serve over vanilla frozen yogurt for a summer treat.
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coarsely chop berries in a food processor. Scrape into a nonreactive bowl and stir in vinegar, sugar and vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve (or a sieve lined with cheesecloth) into a glass measuring cup, pressing firmly on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids.
- Pour vinegar into a sterilized bottle and seal.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in a cool, dark place for up to 1 year.
Per tablespoon: 10 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 13 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation