Overnight Strawberry Vinegar
Toss fresh strawberries with this strawberry vinegar and serve over vanilla frozen yogurt for a summer treat.
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coarsely chop berries in a food processor. Scrape into a nonreactive bowl and stir in vinegar, sugar and vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve (or a sieve lined with cheesecloth) into a glass measuring cup, pressing firmly on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids.
- Pour vinegar into a sterilized bottle and seal.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in a cool, dark place for up to 1 year.
Per tablespoon: 10 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 13 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)