Oven-Fried Potatoes & Sweet Potatoes
Hungry for fries? Slice potatoes into long thin wedges, toss with a little oil, salt and pepper, and pop them in the oven. They'll crisp to perfection—irresistible.
- 1 pound all-purpose potatoes, preferably Yukon Gold (2-4 medium), scrubbed
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, (about 2 small), scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. Cut sweet potatoes into wedges about the same size. Place potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large bowl and toss with oil, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Spread the potatoes and sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Loosen and turn; roast until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 138 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 94 mg sodium; 576 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (71% daily value), Vitamin C (42% dv), Fiber & Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Super Bowl
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less