Oven-Fried Fish Fillets
Toasting the breadcrumbs in a skillet ensures a crisp and golden crust on the fish.
- 1/3 cup fine, dry, unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Pacific sole fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Tarragon Tartar Sauce, (recipe follows)
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a small dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Brush both sides of each fish fillet with oil and dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the center, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Tarragon Tartar Sauce.
- To serve, carefully transfer the fish to plates using a spatula. Garnish with a dollop of the sauce and serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 229 calories; 10 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 59 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 1 g fiber; 444 mg sodium; 472 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (57% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- St Patrick's Day
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient