Oven-Fried Fish Fillets
Toasting the breadcrumbs in a skillet ensures a crisp and golden crust on the fish.
- 1/3 cup fine, dry, unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Pacific sole fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Tarragon Tartar Sauce, (recipe follows)
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a small dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Brush both sides of each fish fillet with oil and dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the center, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Tarragon Tartar Sauce.
- To serve, carefully transfer the fish to plates using a spatula. Garnish with a dollop of the sauce and serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 229 calories; 10 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 59 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 1 g fiber; 444 mg sodium; 472 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (57% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- St Patrick's Day