Oven-Fried Fish Fillets
Toasting the breadcrumbs in a skillet ensures a crisp and golden crust on the fish.
- 1/3 cup fine, dry, unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Pacific sole fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Tarragon Tartar Sauce, (recipe follows)
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a small dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Brush both sides of each fish fillet with oil and dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the center, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Tarragon Tartar Sauce.
- To serve, carefully transfer the fish to plates using a spatula. Garnish with a dollop of the sauce and serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 229 calories; 10 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 59 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 1 g fiber; 444 mg sodium; 472 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (57% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- St Patrick's Day
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)