Oven-Fried Fish Fillets
Toasting the breadcrumbs in a skillet ensures a crisp and golden crust on the fish.
- 1/3 cup fine, dry, unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Pacific sole fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Tarragon Tartar Sauce, (recipe follows)
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a small dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Brush both sides of each fish fillet with oil and dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the center, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Tarragon Tartar Sauce.
- To serve, carefully transfer the fish to plates using a spatula. Garnish with a dollop of the sauce and serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 229 calories; 10 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 59 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 1 g fiber; 444 mg sodium; 472 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (57% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- St Patrick's Day