Recommend using Panko bread crumbs.
Oven-Fried Fish & Chips
From EatingWell: May/June 2009
Fish and chips are traditionally sold wrapped in paper to soak up all the grease—not a good sign. To cut the calories in half and reduce the fat, we coat the delicate fish in a crispy cornflake crust and then bake it along with sliced potatoes. Serve with: Coleslaw and malt vinegar or lemon wedges.
14 Reviews for Oven-Fried Fish & Chips
I recommend baking this on a rack, not a baking sheet because the bottom side gets really soggy.
My husband and I both loved this dish! I'll certainly be making this one again. Served it with malt vinegar and it was delish!
We didn't have cornflakes, so we used Cascadia Farms Raisin Bran (with the raisins removed obviously). It was really quite good. The cereal makes for a flavor that's not at all the flavor of typical fish and chips. This is not a recipe that would make someone mistake it for fried fish from a good pub. But it's still a delicious baked fish. It's a great way to cut fat and still be left with something yummy.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)