Oven-Barbecued Pork Chops
Need a little summertime flavor? Try this swift recipe and enjoy a “barbecue” indoors. Make it a meal: Serve with coleslaw and cornbread.
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 pounds bone-in, 3/4-inch-thick pork rib chops, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, (see Tip)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add orange juice and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in barbecue sauce. Return the pork chops to the pan, turning several times to coat with the sauce.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the pork chops are barely pink in the middle and an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F, 6 to 10 minutes. Serve the sauce over the pork chops.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Check the sodium content of your favorite barbecue sauce if you have sodium sensitivity—some can be quite high. This recipe was developed with Annie's Natural Hot Chipotle BBQ Sauce, which has only 240 mg sodium per 2-tablespoon serving.
Per serving: 245 calories; 10 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 51 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 6 g added sugars; 20 g protein; 1 g fiber; 190 mg sodium; 349 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (57% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat