Really enjoyed these! And the crumbs didn't fall off of the onions. I'll try this method with oven fries and also baked chicken. Very delicious.
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
We couldn’t get enough of these crunchy onion rings in the EatingWell Test Kitchen. Try any seasoning blend that you have on hand to add flavor to the breading or substitute 1 teaspoon salt instead. Seasoned whole-wheat breadcrumbs are available in some supermarkets and natural-foods stores. If you can find them, try them in place of the plain breadcrumbs and seasoning blend.
27 Reviews for Onion Rings
As an onion ring lover, these onion rings were great. We made them w/ egg beaters and Italian bread crumbs. They came out perfectly crispy and delicious. A nice healthy twist on traditional onion rings!
Fantastic! We used italian romano cheese bread crumbs, a little cyanne in the flower and zesty sauce for dipping! We will make these again for sure!
-Danielle from Michigan
We really liked the onion rings. However, they were a lot of trouble. We used old bay seasoning and they had a good flavor. I liked them more than my husband, mainly because I love onion rings.
I agree that the texture was weird. They were not good at all! My advise, don't make this!!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)