Orzo & Grape Salad with Feta & Mint
From EatingWell: September/October 2013
This brightly flavored, healthy orzo pasta salad recipe is a bright, refreshing and easy side dish to pair with chicken or lamb. Great served warm, room temperature or cold, this healthy pasta salad recipe is also delicious when made with quinoa instead of orzo.
- 1 cup orzo, preferably whole-wheat
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups quartered or halved seedless grapes
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add orzo and cook until just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water until cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add grapes, feta, mint, onion and the orzo; toss to combine.
202 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 5 g fiber; 192 mg sodium; 130 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- September/October 2013