This is now my favorite all time cookie! I couldn't stop eating them! Thank you for the recipe, I love the orange/spice flavor!!
Orange Spice Molasses Cookies
From EatingWell: November/December 2009
These spiced molasses cookies have added applesauce to help keep the cookies moist and whole-wheat flour and oats to incorporate whole grains.
24 Reviews for Orange Spice Molasses Cookies
These are amazing! Hard to believe the nutrition info once you taste them. The batter is not something you'll want to lick out of the bowl, but once baked, they are one of my favorite molasses cookies ever. I followed the recipe EXACTLY - cooking time and then cooling time as written yielded a perfectly soft, crumbly cookie. As others have said, the orange sugar makes them special. And I thought the amounts of spices were ideal as written, but then I used good quality and relatively fresh spices from Penzey's.
Made these cookies today. They are so tasty. My husband loves them. I posted them on my facebook page so others can try them. Dixie
Just tried these and they are delicious-hard to believe theyare so healthy.The orange sugar idea will be something to adapt for other recipes.loretta
I have made two batches of these heavenly delights and am now going to make batch three. These are the most delicious cookies I have ever had in my 73 years! If I were the judge I would have given these cookies the Grand Prize. I made all the winners and my family and friends voted Orange Spice Molasses cookies #1.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)