WoW! What a wonderful combination of spicy molasses and orange zest. This is a great variation on the standard molasses cookie. It looked super on my plate of Christmas cookies, and tasted so much like a holiday treat.
Orange Spice Molasses Cookies
From EatingWell: November/December 2009
These spiced molasses cookies have added applesauce to help keep the cookies moist and whole-wheat flour and oats to incorporate whole grains.
24 Reviews for Orange Spice Molasses Cookies
I baked the first batch to send to my grandchildren. We all had to taste them as I had never made them before. Welllllllllll we ate the entire batch. These cookies are fabulous and the flavor of the orange rind is heavenly. I am now baking batch two and hope my family doesn't discover them before I have a chance to mail them.
Delicious!!!! Easy to make and will definitely be a new addition to my holiday baking. I will make them smaller next time for my cookies trays to people can sample more than one cookie!
These do take a bit of work, but are well worth it! I added a bit of cinnamon to the rolling sugar. Delicious!
The taste and texture of these cookies really says "Holiday" fare! Yummy!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)