Orange-Sesame Shrimp Salad
From EatingWell: January/February 2014
In this healthy Asian-inspired shrimp salad recipe, two types of greens—romaine lettuce and red cabbage—pair beautifully with the avocado and shrimp. Use extra dressing for another salad or as a sauce for baked fish.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups finely sliced (or diced) red cabbage
- 3 ounces peeled cooked shrimp
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced
- To prepare dressing: Combine orange juice, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and oil in a small bowl or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Whisk or shake until the sugar has dissolved. (Makes about 2/3 cup dressing.)
- To prepare salad: Toss lettuce and cabbage in a large bowl with 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Transfer to a plate and top with shrimp and avocado. (Refrigerate the extra dressing for up to 5 days.)
Per serving: 283 calories; 13 g fat (2 g sat, 7 g mono); 137 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 7 g added sugars; 13 g total sugars; 22 g protein; 9 g fiber; 434 mg sodium; 1043 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (172% daily value), Vitamin C (95% dv), Folate (64% dv), Potassium (30% dv), Magnesium (20% dv), Vitamin B12 (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, main dish
- Ease of Preparation
- January/February 2014