Orange-Sesame Shrimp Salad
From EatingWell: January/February 2014
In this healthy Asian-inspired shrimp salad recipe, two types of greens—romaine lettuce and red cabbage—pair beautifully with the avocado and shrimp. Use extra dressing for another salad or as a sauce for baked fish.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups finely sliced (or diced) red cabbage
- 3 ounces peeled cooked shrimp
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced
- To prepare dressing: Combine orange juice, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and oil in a small bowl or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Whisk or shake until the sugar has dissolved. (Makes about 2/3 cup dressing.)
- To prepare salad: Toss lettuce and cabbage in a large bowl with 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Transfer to a plate and top with shrimp and avocado. (Refrigerate the extra dressing for up to 5 days.)
Per serving: 283 calories; 13 g fat (2 g sat, 7 g mono); 137 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 7 g added sugars; 13 g total sugars; 22 g protein; 9 g fiber; 434 mg sodium; 1043 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (172% daily value), Vitamin C (95% dv), Folate (64% dv), Potassium (30% dv), Magnesium (20% dv), Vitamin B12 (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, main dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2014