Orange-Rosemary Glazed Chicken
Shine up plain baked chicken with a tart rosemary and citrus glaze. Serve with roasted potatoes and sauteed spinach.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, (2 1/2-3 pounds total), skin removed, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar, malt vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and place, bone-side up, in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon rosemary.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, marmalade, vinegar and oil in a small bowl.
- Turn the chicken pieces over and top with the marmalade mixture. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes more. Serve immediately, spooning the sauce over the chicken.
Per serving: 252 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 107 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 43 g protein; 0 g fiber; 274 mg sodium; 477 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (47% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 7 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation