Orange-Rosemary Glazed Chicken
Shine up plain baked chicken with a tart rosemary and citrus glaze. Serve with roasted potatoes and sauteed spinach.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, (2 1/2-3 pounds total), skin removed, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar, malt vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and place, bone-side up, in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon rosemary.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, marmalade, vinegar and oil in a small bowl.
- Turn the chicken pieces over and top with the marmalade mixture. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes more. Serve immediately, spooning the sauce over the chicken.
Per serving: 252 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 107 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 43 g protein; 0 g fiber; 274 mg sodium; 477 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (47% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 7 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation