Orange Marmalade Sauce
From EatingWell: March 1998
Orange lovers rejoice! This tangy-sweet sauce is delicious over pancakes, waffles—even vanilla frozen yogurt.
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, until reduced by half, 20 to 30 minutes. Add marmalade and brown sugar; return to a simmer, whisking until smooth.
- Mix cornstarch with water in a small bowl; add to sauce and cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla . Let cool slightly; serve warm.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per tablespoon: 32 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 4 mg sodium; 55 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- March 1998