Orange Marmalade Sauce
From EatingWell: March 1998
Orange lovers rejoice! This tangy-sweet sauce is delicious over pancakes, waffles—even vanilla frozen yogurt.
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, until reduced by half, 20 to 30 minutes. Add marmalade and brown sugar; return to a simmer, whisking until smooth.
- Mix cornstarch with water in a small bowl; add to sauce and cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla . Let cool slightly; serve warm.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per tablespoon: 32 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 4 mg sodium; 55 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March 1998
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)