Orange Marmalade Sauce
From EatingWell: March 1998
Orange lovers rejoice! This tangy-sweet sauce is delicious over pancakes, waffles—even vanilla frozen yogurt.
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, until reduced by half, 20 to 30 minutes. Add marmalade and brown sugar; return to a simmer, whisking until smooth.
- Mix cornstarch with water in a small bowl; add to sauce and cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla . Let cool slightly; serve warm.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per tablespoon: 32 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 4 mg sodium; 55 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- March 1998