Orange-Infused Roasted Green Beans & Red Peppers
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the green beans and bell pepper.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss green beans, bell pepper and oil in a large bowl. Add orange zest, salt and crushed red pepper to taste; toss to combine. Spread on a large baking sheet. Roast the vegetables, turning once halfway through cooking, until tender and slightly wilted, about 15 minutes.
Per serving: 78 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 5 g fiber; 298 mg sodium; 318 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (150% daily value), Vitamin A (40% dv), Vitamin K (23% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 5 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable