Orange-Infused Roasted Green Beans & Red Peppers
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the green beans and bell pepper.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss green beans, bell pepper and oil in a large bowl. Add orange zest, salt and crushed red pepper to taste; toss to combine. Spread on a large baking sheet. Roast the vegetables, turning once halfway through cooking, until tender and slightly wilted, about 15 minutes.
Per serving: 78 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 5 g fiber; 298 mg sodium; 318 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (150% daily value), Vitamin A (40% dv), Vitamin K (23% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 5 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable