Orange-Infused Roasted Green Beans & Red Peppers
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the green beans and bell pepper.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss green beans, bell pepper and oil in a large bowl. Add orange zest, salt and crushed red pepper to taste; toss to combine. Spread on a large baking sheet. Roast the vegetables, turning once halfway through cooking, until tender and slightly wilted, about 15 minutes.
Per serving: 78 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 5 g fiber; 298 mg sodium; 318 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (150% daily value), Vitamin A (40% dv), Vitamin K (23% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 5 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable