Orange-Infused Roasted Green Beans & Red Peppers
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the green beans and bell pepper.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss green beans, bell pepper and oil in a large bowl. Add orange zest, salt and crushed red pepper to taste; toss to combine. Spread on a large baking sheet. Roast the vegetables, turning once halfway through cooking, until tender and slightly wilted, about 15 minutes.
Per serving: 78 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 5 g fiber; 298 mg sodium; 318 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (150% daily value), Vitamin A (40% dv), Vitamin K (23% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 5 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation