This easy Asian dressing is great over greens, but also try it as a sauce for cooked asparagus or fish, such as salmon or halibut.
- 1 tablespoon miso, (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Stir miso and water in a small bowl until smooth. Add orange juice, oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and ginger; whisk to blend.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Note: Miso is fermented soybean paste made by inoculating a mixture of soybeans, salt and grains (usually barley or rice) with koji, a beneficial mold. Aged for up to 3 years, miso is undeniably salty, but a little goes a long way.
Per tablespoon: 38 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 135 mg sodium; 14 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique