This easy Asian dressing is great over greens, but also try it as a sauce for cooked asparagus or fish, such as salmon or halibut.
- 1 tablespoon miso, (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Stir miso and water in a small bowl until smooth. Add orange juice, oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and ginger; whisk to blend.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Note: Miso is fermented soybean paste made by inoculating a mixture of soybeans, salt and grains (usually barley or rice) with koji, a beneficial mold. Aged for up to 3 years, miso is undeniably salty, but a little goes a long way.
Per tablespoon: 38 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 135 mg sodium; 14 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique