Orange-Earl Grey Iced Tea
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Get a little pick-me-up with this orange-infused Earl Grey iced tea. Tea is rich in a class of antioxidants called flavonoids that may help reduce your risk of Alzheimer's and diabetes, plus help you have healthier teeth and gums and stronger bones. You can help preserve the flavonoids in iced tea by adding something acidic—like the orange juice in this recipe.
- 1/4 cup loose Earl Grey tea, or 12 Earl Grey tea bags
- Peel of 1 orange, plus orange wedges for garnish
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups cold water
- Steep loose tea (or tea bags) and orange peel in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea (or remove tea bags and orange peel) and pour into a large pitcher. Stir in orange juice and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Add cold water. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Serve over ice with orange wedges, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 35 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 5 mg sodium; 67 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, nonalcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2009