This was a hit after our family's Christmas feast. I used the bagged frozen blackberries which had plenty of flavor. The orange juice complemented it nicely. It was too hard to scoop when I took out of freezer. I zapped in microwave at lowest power for 3 minutes and it melted around edges but center was perfect to scoop. Next time (and there will be a next time) I will put in refrigerator when we sit down to eat so it will soften slowly while we eat.
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This orange-blackberry sorbet recipe is a beautiful purple treat perfect for any hot day. While it may seem tedious, be sure to strain the blackberries and use a low pulp or pulp-free orange juice to make the smoothest sorbet.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)