Orange & Black Olive Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 1992
Mint and coriander infuse this orange and black olive salad with Mediterranean flavors.
- 5 Valencia or navel oranges
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- With a sharp knife, remove skin and white pith from oranges and discard. Working over a bowl, cut orange segments from their surrounding membranes and let them fall into the bowl. Squeeze any remaining juice from the membranes into the bowl. Add mint, olives, oil, garlic, coriander and sugar. Season with salt and toss gently. Serve on lettuce leaves.
Per serving: 159 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 6 g fiber; 137 mg sodium; 458 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1992