Orange & Black Olive Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 1992
Mint and coriander infuse this orange and black olive salad with Mediterranean flavors.
- 5 Valencia or navel oranges
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- With a sharp knife, remove skin and white pith from oranges and discard. Working over a bowl, cut orange segments from their surrounding membranes and let them fall into the bowl. Squeeze any remaining juice from the membranes into the bowl. Add mint, olives, oil, garlic, coriander and sugar. Season with salt and toss gently. Serve on lettuce leaves.
Per serving: 159 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 6 g fiber; 137 mg sodium; 458 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- September/October 1992
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)