Orange & Black Olive Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 1992
Mint and coriander infuse this orange and black olive salad with Mediterranean flavors.
- 5 Valencia or navel oranges
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- With a sharp knife, remove skin and white pith from oranges and discard. Working over a bowl, cut orange segments from their surrounding membranes and let them fall into the bowl. Squeeze any remaining juice from the membranes into the bowl. Add mint, olives, oil, garlic, coriander and sugar. Season with salt and toss gently. Serve on lettuce leaves.
Per serving: 159 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 6 g fiber; 137 mg sodium; 458 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1992