Orange & Avocado Salad
This colorful salad would be a welcome addition to a Mexican-inspired meal.
- 1 cup packed cilantro
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of minced garlic
- 2 large oranges
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 1/2 cup Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- To prepare vinaigrette: Puree cilantro, oil, lime juice, orange juice, salt, pepper and garlic in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- To prepare salad: Slice both ends off oranges. With a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith; discard. Working over a salad bowl, cut the segments from their surrounding membrane; discard the membrane. Add greens, avocado, onion and vinaigrette; toss to coat. (Refrigerate the extra dressing for up to 2 days.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The recipe makes 1 1/4 cups dressing (Step 1); cover and refrigerate extra dressing for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 228 calories; 19 g fat (3 g sat, 14 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 7 g fiber; 149 mg sodium; 701 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (89% daily value), Vitamin A (66% dv), Folate (47% dv), Potassium (20% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique