Orange & Avocado Salad
This colorful salad would be a welcome addition to a Mexican-inspired meal.
- 1 cup packed cilantro
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of minced garlic
- 2 large oranges
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 1/2 cup Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- To prepare vinaigrette: Puree cilantro, oil, lime juice, orange juice, salt, pepper and garlic in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- To prepare salad: Slice both ends off oranges. With a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith; discard. Working over a salad bowl, cut the segments from their surrounding membrane; discard the membrane. Add greens, avocado, onion and vinaigrette; toss to coat. (Refrigerate the extra dressing for up to 2 days.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The recipe makes 1 1/4 cups dressing (Step 1); cover and refrigerate extra dressing for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 228 calories; 19 g fat (3 g sat, 14 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 7 g fiber; 149 mg sodium; 701 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (89% daily value), Vitamin A (66% dv), Folate (47% dv), Potassium (20% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique