Orange & Avocado Salad
This colorful salad would be a welcome addition to a Mexican-inspired meal.
- 1 cup packed cilantro
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of minced garlic
- 2 large oranges
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 1/2 cup Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- To prepare vinaigrette: Puree cilantro, oil, lime juice, orange juice, salt, pepper and garlic in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- To prepare salad: Slice both ends off oranges. With a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith; discard. Working over a salad bowl, cut the segments from their surrounding membrane; discard the membrane. Add greens, avocado, onion and vinaigrette; toss to coat. (Refrigerate the extra dressing for up to 2 days.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The recipe makes 1 1/4 cups dressing (Step 1); cover and refrigerate extra dressing for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 228 calories; 19 g fat (3 g sat, 14 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 7 g fiber; 149 mg sodium; 701 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (89% daily value), Vitamin A (66% dv), Folate (47% dv), Potassium (20% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique