Open-Face Egg Sandwich
From EatingWell: January/February 2014
In this healthy open-face egg sandwich recipe, Swiss cheese and chives are gently folded into the beaten egg and layered with tomato on multigrain toast.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup diced low-fat Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 slice multigrain bread, toasted
- 2 slices tomato
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add egg and cook, without stirring, until the egg starts to set around the edges, about 30 seconds. Add cheese and chives and cook, folding the cheese into the egg, until fluffy and set, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes more. Place on toast and top with tomato.
Per serving: 262 calories; 10 g fat (4 g sat, 4 g mono); 206 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 26 g protein; 3 g fiber; 321 mg sodium; 304 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (61% daily value), Vitamin B12 & Zinc (23% dv), Vitamin A (19% dv), Vitamin C (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- January/February 2014
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)