Old-Fashioned Fruit Crumble
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen fruit
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine fruit with sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons flour and orange juice. Divide between two 6-ounce ovenproof ramekins. Combine oats, almonds, brown sugar, the remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons flour and cinnamon. Drizzle with oil and stir to combine. Sprinkle over the fruit mixture. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per serving: 265 calories; 13 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 173 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Valentine's Day
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- EatingWell Serves Two