Old-Fashioned Fruit Crumble
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen fruit
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine fruit with sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons flour and orange juice. Divide between two 6-ounce ovenproof ramekins. Combine oats, almonds, brown sugar, the remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons flour and cinnamon. Drizzle with oil and stir to combine. Sprinkle over the fruit mixture. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per serving: 265 calories; 13 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 173 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Valentine's Day
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- EatingWell Serves Two