OMG - this is a great recipe! Only 5 WW points a serving, it can even be eaten as a great breakfast!! This recipe is a keep and a definite do again! I used Granny Smith apples and they were just tart enough and the topping was crisp and delicious!!
Old-Fashioned Apple-Nut Crisp
Apples and nuts are a classic—and healthful—combination, especially when you cut back on the saturated fat that typically tops this sweet treat. Our version is just as delicious, and allows the flavor of the hazelnuts to shine through. A dollop of Vanilla Cream or scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt finishes this homey dessert beautifully.
9 Reviews for Old-Fashioned Apple-Nut Crisp
Great recipe! I halved the recipe since I did not have a pan large enough to make the whole recipe and it was great. I also used chopped hazelnuts but I forgot to add them into the topping so I sprinkled them on the top and baked it. Amazing taste and wonderful flavor! This recipe is a keeper.
This is wonderful. Not overly sweet and the topping is nice and crunchy. I did not have the apple juice on hand the first time I made this and increased the butter and oil just a tiny bit. I have many apple crisp recipes but this one has become #1.
I've been craving some good fall food and made this crisp sunday afternoon - all I can say is you would never know that it is healthy eating - yummo! The apples were perfectly tart and the overall dessert was not too sweet - we added some vanilla ice cream and everyone loved it. The portions were generous.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)