From EatingWell: September/October 1992
Applesauce rounds out the flavor of this quick, low-fat remake of classic oatmeal cookies.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk together sugar, applesauce, egg white, oil and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in raisins. Stir together oats, cake flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet with a wooden spoon, mixing just until blended.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Per cookie: 89 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 72 mg sodium; 90 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1992