From EatingWell: September/October 1992
Applesauce rounds out the flavor of this quick, low-fat remake of classic oatmeal cookies.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk together sugar, applesauce, egg white, oil and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in raisins. Stir together oats, cake flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet with a wooden spoon, mixing just until blended.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Per cookie: 89 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 72 mg sodium; 90 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1992