From EatingWell: September/October 1992
Applesauce rounds out the flavor of this quick, low-fat remake of classic oatmeal cookies.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk together sugar, applesauce, egg white, oil and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in raisins. Stir together oats, cake flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet with a wooden spoon, mixing just until blended.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Per cookie: 89 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 72 mg sodium; 90 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1992