From EatingWell: September/October 1992
Applesauce rounds out the flavor of this quick, low-fat remake of classic oatmeal cookies.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk together sugar, applesauce, egg white, oil and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in raisins. Stir together oats, cake flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet with a wooden spoon, mixing just until blended.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Per cookie: 89 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 72 mg sodium; 90 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1992