This is a wonderful little treat. Just the right size, better than a bonbon. I'm glad I have that mini-muffin pan for treats like these. It's putsy to make but worth the extra effort.
Double Nut & Date Tassies
From EatingWell: November/December 2009
The two-bite pecan tarts satisfy the sweet tooth with far less guilt than pecan pie.
21 Reviews for Double Nut & Date Tassies
This is the best. Everyone in my family loves these tassies. Friends have eaten it and never realized that they were diatetic. Make them all the time
These are very tasty and worth the effort of making. The most time consuming part I found is just neatly pressing the crust and the filling into the mini muffin pans. I also had extra filling so I made a bit more crust and popped them in the oven.
Great easy and delicious holiday cookie. Served them to friends at the gym with coffee and everyone loved them, even went back for seconds,and requested recipe.
Wow ! These were wonderful. I'll definitely make these a Thanksgiving tradition. When cooking the dates and reducing the liquid, I did find I still had about half the liquid left, but this seemed to work really well. When done, I cooled, sifted powdered sugar over all, and then placed in paper mini-muffin cup liners on dessert tray, and served with whipped cream.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)