I used this recipe for my very first time ever making homemade spaghetti and meatballs and it turned out really yummy! My husband inhaled it and couldn't stop talking about how "high quality" the meal was. I used all ground turkey, half plain and half Italian sausage. I left the can of diced tomatoes out of the sauce and I didn't have any trouble with thin or runny sauce like one of the comments mentioned. I did add an 8 oz can of tomato sauce in at the end, because I wanted more sauce for the amount of meat. The flavors and level of seasoning were just perfect!
Nonna’s Spaghetti & Meatballs
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
The meatballs and sauce are cooked in the slow cooker for this traditional Italian spaghetti and meatballs recipe. You could also serve the meatballs over creamy polenta or on a sandwich with melted provolone.
4 Reviews for Nonna’s Spaghetti & Meatballs
My husband made these for dinner tonight and they were great! We used ground chicken, sweet sausage and some hot sausage (all pork sausage). Highly recommend this!!
This tastes like it came from the best Italian restaurant in town. I used 8 oz. ground beef and 1lb Italian sausage because that's what I had. I did the stovetop method and it was really easy, fairly simple prep, only used one pan (two if you count the spaghetti pan). This one is going in the recipe box.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)