From EatingWell: July/August 2014
In this nonalcoholic sangria recipe, we’ve skipped the added sugar and used 100% juice and tons of fresh fruit to create a delicious, yet healthy mocktail perfect for adults or kids.
- 1 750-mL bottle sparkling white grape juice or sparkling cider
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 firm ripe nectarine, sliced or chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups chilled plain seltzer
- Combine sparkling juice (or sparkling cider), pomegranate juice, nectarine and blueberries in a large pitcher. Refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours. Just before serving, stir in seltzer. Serve over ice.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 12 hours. Stir in seltzer just before serving.
Per serving: 120 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 27 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 13 mg sodium; 291 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruit
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Gluten free
- Ease of Preparation
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, nonalcoholic
- July/August 2014
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)