Niçoise Egg Salad
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
Green beans, tuna and olives make this Niçoise-style egg salad recipe substantial. Serve it over salad greens.
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 hard-boiled eggs (see Tip)
- 1 5- to 6-ounce can chunk-light tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup chopped cooked green beans
- 3 tablespoons chopped Niçoise or Kalamata olives
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, onion, vinegar, pepper and salt in a medium bowl.
- Halve eggs and discard 4 of the yolks (or save for another use). Add whites and the remaining 4 yolks to the bowl and mash to desired consistency. Gently stir in tuna, green beans and olives.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Per serving: 185 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 195 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 17 g protein; 1 g fiber; 510 mg sodium; 258 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 2012