Niçoise Egg Salad
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
Green beans, tuna and olives make this Niçoise-style egg salad recipe substantial. Serve it over salad greens.
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 hard-boiled eggs (see Tip)
- 1 5- to 6-ounce can chunk-light tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup chopped cooked green beans
- 3 tablespoons chopped Niçoise or Kalamata olives
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, onion, vinegar, pepper and salt in a medium bowl.
- Halve eggs and discard 4 of the yolks (or save for another use). Add whites and the remaining 4 yolks to the bowl and mash to desired consistency. Gently stir in tuna, green beans and olives.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Per serving: 185 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 195 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 17 g protein; 1 g fiber; 510 mg sodium; 258 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- March/April 2012