Niçoise Egg Salad
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
Green beans, tuna and olives make this Niçoise-style egg salad recipe substantial. Serve it over salad greens.
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 hard-boiled eggs (see Tip)
- 1 5- to 6-ounce can chunk-light tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup chopped cooked green beans
- 3 tablespoons chopped Niçoise or Kalamata olives
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, onion, vinegar, pepper and salt in a medium bowl.
- Halve eggs and discard 4 of the yolks (or save for another use). Add whites and the remaining 4 yolks to the bowl and mash to desired consistency. Gently stir in tuna, green beans and olives.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Per serving: 185 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 195 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 17 g protein; 1 g fiber; 510 mg sodium; 258 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- March/April 2012