New Potatoes with Caviar
New potatoes topped with a bit of sour cream and caviar is a sophisticated addition to your cocktail party spread.
- 12 very small new potatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 ounces black caviar, (1/4 cup)
- Freshly ground pepper, (optional)
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes, and cool under running water. Refrigerate until chilled.
- While potatoes are chilling, combine sour cream and yogurt.
- When potatoes are thoroughly chilled, cut them in half. Cut a small slice off of each rounded end so that the potatoes sit without rolling. Place a teaspoonful of the sour cream mixture on each potato. Top with chives and 1/2 teaspoon of caviar. Top with freshly ground pepper, if desired.
Per piece: 75 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 16 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 47 mg sodium; 388 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Ease of Preparation